Wednesday 30 September 2015

~ Leaflet research - design process - OUGD504 ~

http://www.printaholic.com/15-brochure-fold-types/

When researching folding techniques I found a brilliant link showing 15 simple leaflet folding methods. 



Die-cut Z fold - I think this fold is really interesting yet simple to produce and design for. It would be an easy way to incorporate tabs whilst using just one sheet of stock. 


Half and half fold - I also think this fold would be one to consider for my design. You can add more folds for more pages creating clear sections to divide up the information. The inside of the leaflet can then be opened up to create a poster. I think if my leaflet is going to be aimed at students this would be a good element as it would encourage them to keep it rather than just throw it away.


I found this design really inspiring. It's so simple but the different sections and use of bold bright colour make it instantly really striking. I think for my design I need to consider colour carefully, I want to create something bold and instantly eye catching and colour is a simple and effective way of doing this.


This design uses angles and triangular cuts/folds to transform it from being just a simple printed leaflet into more like an architectural sculpture. Considering my leaflet will be aimed at designers, people within the creative industry or clients I want it to have a structural and considered fold rather than something simple to show an example of the ambitious and unusual way I choose to work.




More examples of angular & 3D folding styles.



No comments:

Post a Comment