Wednesday 30 September 2015

~ Paper folding - design process - OUGD504 ~

For this task we had to create an interesting leaflet fold that we hadn't previously come across. 




I wanted to look for something completely different that would instantly catch your eye. I came across this design by Khyati Trehan for Artistes Unlimited. It was really interesting as when laid flat it appeared to look like a rather standard fold square format leaflet. But when opened up its a geometrical maze of different sections perfect for grabbing attention and separating different elements and paragraphs of information effectively with each fold. Unfortunately no matter how much I searched the internet and looked in books on leaflet folding I couldn't find a tutorial on how to create this fold.



I decided to guess on what I thought the net of the origami style leaflet would look like by joining 4 squares together and folding along each line. 



And luckily I was successful!




I then made a second prototype out of a thick card stock. I found that the thicker stock meant the leaflet didn't fold as flat as I would like so during final production I will have to select a thin stock to reduce this if I choose this folding style.



I then did a prototype of of a trouser fold. This fold allows you to have a large amount pages from just one sheet with no binding needed. But I think in comparison to the last prototype it's not as complex and therefore less striking to an audience.



I played around with the paper and came out with this interesting triangle format leaflet fold. I like that it gives you a large amount of sections I could use for each piece of content.





No comments:

Post a Comment