Wednesday 2 December 2015

~ Responsive - studio brief one - Leeds Print Fair - research ~

As a starting point for this brief I decided to explore the possible traditional print methods I could use to produce the posters and their individual pro's and con's.


Letterpress
Pro's - Type only, interesting to see what possible layouts I could come up with that were interesting and different.
Con's - Could risk being too boring and too specifically aimed at designers/people interested in typography.


Monoprinting
Pro's - allows me to create completely bespoke pieces
Con's cannot reproduce the same design this would throw up difficulty with displaying all my final prints when selling them.



Linocutting
Pro's - The outcomes have a really bold and appealing look to them, you can also reproduce as many of the same print as you like
Con's - It's something I have little experiance with so the outcome might not be good enough to actually sell


Screen printing
Pro's - Allows me to produce either a hand rendered or digital design then produce prints of any colour on any stock
Con's - Might not be able to tell they are screen printed rather than digitally printed?


I decided the most appropriate choice was to screen print all 3 of my outcomes as I had previous experiance with this method and I could experiment with a large variety of inks and stock choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment