Wednesday 17 December 2014

100 -Studio Brief 02 - Design Process - Research (OUGD405)

For this brief we have a concept of '100', working with this idea we need to collect, research and record a body of work to do with a certain thing. The idea for the research point could come from our own passions, interests and opinions. The idea is to show our creative voice and opinions in real things within the creative industry. The final for this brief must consist of 20 facts, 20 opinions, 20 words, 20 statistics and 20 photographs put together into a 2 minute presentation.

Initial ideas

I am passionate about, music (live and vinyl), home cooking (cultured), art (specific artists), graphic design, geometry, well directed film (foreign film, baz luhrmann), vintage items (typewriters), design in general (architecture, clothes, interior), social science.

It was suggested we could document a collection of something that exists, either our own or someone elses? I have a personal vinyl collection but I thought it seemed overdone and too obvious. 

I decided for inspiration and maybe just a bit of a laugh to look at some strange collections other people have.


This is someones disgusting navel fluff collection. Its not inspiring my own collection but it shows people collect some really bizarre things.


A girl called Becky Martz has a collection of more than 7000 banana labels which is insane! In high school my art teacher actually collected fruit labels and stuck them allover his desk so its something thats not rare. I love the tacky design of these labels, the garish colours are so interesting. 


I saw this collection of fortune cookie slips which I thought was really cute. I love little notes and things from people saying nice things, theres nothing more heartwarming.




No comments:

Post a Comment