Saturday 20 December 2014

Ideas process - Studio brief 2 (OUGD405)

I thought the easiest way to develop my ideas was to use my original list of things im passionate about and come up with obvious solutions.

Something I am passionate about is food and cooking, a way this could relate to 100 is the 100's of strangely shaped vegetables out there and how they fascinate people, I think its quite an interesting topic as it all links in with things like food wastage and hunger.

Next was art, which is such a general subject. One of my favourite artists is Egon Schiele, he is such an insanely interesting person to read about as he completely pushed boundaries with his work, it even lead to his imprisonment. This could be a really solid idea as I could use his massive collection of portraits of people nude as the subject and there is so many interesting facts and opinions I could find on him.

Next geometry, as a subject related to collections this could be pretty hard to do. I think I would find it really interesting but it wouldn't be to everyones taste.

Well directed film, its a great passion of mine but it seems like a rather self opinionated topic as not everyone would agree with what films are good. So I wont take this idea any further.

Vintage items, I think this could be a really interesting subject! People collect old items all the time and theres loads of shops that are dedicated to antiques. I could even do a collection of photographs of quirky places that have collections of antiques and some of the things I find within them which could be really really interesting. 

General design, as a topic for this I wanted to avoid design as people say a designer that does work about design is a boring person.

Lastly social science, this is a topic I enjoy reading about but isn't a topic I feel could relate to the concept very well.


So my first solid idea for this brief is to do it on Egon Schiele and his massive collection of portraits of people masturbating in particular. Its a topic that got him arrested at the time as people had never publicly drawn and displayed such images and its still a huge taboo in modern day society. There is so much interesting information I could find on this topic to present to people.


And my second idea is to take photos of the exteriors, interiors and quirky items found in antique shops local to me. I could use facts about these shops or certain items possibly sold in some of them. And im sure it would be easy to find opinions on this topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment