Friday 26 December 2014

Ways of presentation - Studio brief 2 (OUGD405)

I now have 2 quite solid ideas for this brief, but part of the brief is the 2 minute presentation to be created on the topic.

Ways to present

  • Pdf/powerpoint presentation
  • Video/animation
  • Leaflet/editorial
  • Poster
  • Flash cards
  • Design boards 
I think doing a PDF digital presentation could be the easiest way to present for this brief. But I like the idea of doing more of a challenge. I think creating a leaflet/editorial could be really fun and interesting. Id have to make sure the pages and text would be large so I could stand and read from it. I could also create a few to be handed out so people could look through whilst I present. I find physical presentations much more engaging than digital ones, something you can hold and touch is much more interesting to me.


For inspiration of an overall style for the presentation I looked at editorial design. I found this image above that I like because of the colour scheme. The white, black and salmon pink colours are really appealing to me. I also like the use of contrasting bold and light weight fonts, its very attractive and could inspire my design. 


I really liked this editorial design because the massive amount of negative space is really attractive. I love the minimal look and it means you have to keep it to the main points and don't end up going off on a tangent. The serif font is interesting but not overly decorative so it keeps up the minimal look.


Rather than the overall aesthetic of this design being inspiring to me it was the hand drawn type that caught my eye. I would love to experiment with creating the titles for my design in this style. 



I found this image of a duo tone style double spread. The blue duo tone image matches the text colour and looks really simple and effective. I could use this style for the antique shop idea in particular and it could look really effective. 


If I was to go with the Egon Schiele idea for this project I could take swatches like you can see above from his artwork to create a colour pallet for the rest of the design to make sure its compatible and complementary.  

I have decided to go with the Egon Schiele concept for this project as I did some research into antique shops in the area id realistically be able to explore and there isnt that many interesting ones, most are quite run down and just seem like regular charity shops. If I had the transport to explore a larger area the other idea could of been great. 





No comments:

Post a Comment