Sunday 18 January 2015

Module evaluation (OUGD405)

OUGD405 Module evaluation

I have liked this module as I feel it gave me the chance to fully explore new programmes (InDesign and Photoshop). I also feel I have learned the value of producing informed final pieces rather than just producing things that look nice. Producing things with strong concepts and meaning behind them works much better and the finals are more effective in getting across their messages. 

My favorite brief was studio brief 4. I felt this was the most informed brief from the research I had done and every part had a link and meaning. I was really happy to see the physical product as it looked brilliant on the stock I chose. I can see the product being an actual physical and working thing. Studio brief 2 and 3 were also enjoyable as it was great having the freedom to do research into something that personally interests me.

My least favourite brief was studio brief 1 as at the time I was extremely stressed out and didn't have the head space to work on it to my full potential which is a shame. If I had more time id definitely of re-visited this.

The crits throughout this module have been the best so far, everyone is getting much better at giving constructive and helpful criticism, this has helped me improve my work massively especially in the last brief. 

My time management hasn't been the best this module and next time I will try to keep on top of things a lot more especially my blog posts as for a lot of this module I did my research then forgot to blog about it which was frustrating. I feel like next module all briefs will be well informed and i'm hoping to produce work I can really be proud of and enjoy designing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment