Sunday 18 January 2015

Studio brief 3 finals (OUGD405)


This is my final book print for studio brief 3. Seeing final prints is by far my favourite part of briefs its such a proud and relieving moment when everything comes together.


This is my first spread, it was really successful, the negative space is perfect in making it look clean, minimal and spacious. I found out when going to print that the booklet binding machine couldn't print full bleed so I had to bind my booklet by hand. Its a shame but I put great care into it and it still looked professional.


This next spread is the only one I wasn't 100% happy with. The title is right on the centre line and you begin the loose the letter 'e' so if I was to re-print I would amend this.


For the booklet I chose to use matte paper. Most high class publications and art/design themed books use matte paper as it feels much more professional. I would associate silk and gloss paper with magazines and informational leaflets (hospitals) which is a vibe I didn't want my booklet to give off.


It was a risk to have the title spreading over both pages but because the booklet has a small amount of pages it allows it to open flat and you can successfully see all the letters perfectly so I was happy with the result and glad I took this risk.


The colours came out perfectly, the pale/pastel look was really appealing and gentle on the eyes. It also made the type more legible than if it was on white paper. I have issues myself reading black type on white paper so it was preferable for me to use this blue background.


Overall I think this booklet has been really successful. I like that I made it simple as its much more attractive particularly to an artistic audience (which is who would be reading something like this anyway).











No comments:

Post a Comment