Sunday 18 January 2015

Studio brief 4 finals (OUGD405)


My final product turned out to look really good. I feel like my typographical choice was good, Futura as a font creates a modern and clean geometric look. The colour blue is calming and neutral and relates to the naturists activities (swimming and beach). The wiggle shapes are popular in contemporary design and relate to the idea of naturism not being a straightforward and common lifestyle. The brown stock I used gives off a natural vibe much like that of the naturists so its appealing to that audience. I think this product definitely appeals to the young audience I wanted it to and therefore is successful. The package could be given as a free gift when you join the British naturism society; given out at freshers fairs or sold as a novelty item.


To attach my label to the snacks I used some natural looking string to carry on the aesthetic created by the brown paper.


I bought bottles to put my other labels on as mock ups but in a real package it would be nicer to have some kind of brown paper wrap around the lid as I think the white plastic looks cheap and tacky. But it gives you an idea of what they look like in use.


My leaflet print was really successful. I decided to print with the laser printer as a pose to the inkjet ones as this reduced costs. I was worried this would reduce the quality but it worked perfectly well and this printing could be used in mass production very easily.


I decided to make the background for the inside spreads much paler to increase legibility of the body text. This was a good decision as the type is easy to read but the background makes it attractive still and avoids a boring all text booklet seeming overly formal.


Lastly the stock I used was brown kraft paper. I knew I wanted to use brown paper as its a natural colour (connotations of being close to the earth) which reflects the naturist lifestyle. But I didn't know what weight to use, the stock I used was nice and thin, this meant the book opened almost flat and closed easily so it fitted into the package neatly; it also meant the paper was cheap and perfect for reproduction.





No comments:

Post a Comment