Sunday 8 February 2015

OUGD404 study task 2

For this study task we were asked to created a folded book, the content of the book had to be instructions on how to fold and make the book itself. From looking at peoples definitions of a book and the examples they brought in I really liked the hotdog book as it was simple to make and you only needed one sheet of paper. 


Looking at the example that informed the idea to do a hotdog I then decided to make my informational booklet an original hand drawn piece. Hot dog books are often made in this way then reproduced with photocopiers. I have come across a lot of small illustrated publications like this and I love their scruffy yet original and quite charming look.



I kept the messy look throughout the booklet not worrying about things such as type justification etc. I think this postmodern and careless look is appropriate for this form of booklet folding as its simple, cheap and the kind of thing that would be distributed for free as a quirky little zine.



To play further on the casual approach to the booklets design I added a comedic illustration on the last page. 

I am happy with this booklet as my aim was to portray how anyone can create and reproduce publications like this all they need is paper, scissors and a pen. I think as a pose to other booklet folds this is the most approachable to the general public and this could actually be reproduced via photocopier and distributed and have a positive effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment