Tuesday 19 April 2016

~ money - illustration research ~

Once deciding on a concept for my banknotes I wanted to get some inspiration around illustration in a satirical/comical way. I want my banknotes to be comical and lighthearted but also be approaching a serious topic.





Guy Field is known for his comedic style and concepts within illustration; he often uses nudity and the personification of inanimate objects to portray this. Along with simplicity, bright colours and texture.





Mrzyk & Moriceau are another brilliant example of illustration giving off this particular tone of voice; a reoccurring element being simplicity. The concept shines through with the clarity of the image, rather than over complicating things too much which could confuse the audience.



http://www.juxtapoz.com/news/magazine/polly-nor-is-hardcore-the-girl-next-door-inside-out/

"Social media, Instagram in particular, plays a massive role in my work. I like to take a satirical look at the way we behave online. By using alternative screen names and displaying a selective narrative of our lives through filtered photographs and online updates, we present a carefully contrived, parallel identity of ourselves. I draw a lot of ideas from this exploration of image, identity and the anxiety behind it."



Polly Nor is another illustrator who takes her personal feelings/views on life and uses satirical concepts to portray them. The bright colors and simple lines create an attractive and eye catching design.

In terms of my personal design/illustration style for this brief I want to keep things minimal and use source imagery that I find to be comical to produce a design that portrays a similar satirical element to those researched. Simple linework and colour help achieve this and are something I will consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment