Friday 6 November 2015

~ Dealing with feedback ~

Informal feedback comes in the form of crits, informal conversation, Facebook etc.
It's all to easy to just ask peoples opinion on your work but this isn't helpful as the most common response will be 'it's nice'. A more effective way of getting constructive feedback is to ask specific questions (is the typeface effective? etc.) and create variations between work and ask which is most effective and why.

Formal feedback is in the form of module assessments and tutorials. They're helpful in reflecting on the things you could do differently and more effectively in future modules. 



End of module feedback includes both negative and positive things you've done. For example this module feedback it tells me my development work is good and very successful so I know in future modules this amount of experimentation and research is effective. But a negative was that the presentation is a little short and needs to be more in depth, it lets me know my presentation skills need to be improved upon to help my practice. Especially in level 5 I will need to take on my feedback at the end of each module to ensure my grades are at top level throughout and I don't drop grades. When submitting my first module this year I will consider both the ILO's of the current module and in previous ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment