Thursday 12 November 2015

~ Responsive - individual practice - secret 7 ~

I engaged with secret 7 last year and despite not winning a place I found it to be one of the most enjoyable briefs. This has lead me to the decision to use it as my most substantial brief for this module. To do this I plan to submit an entry for all 7 songs. I want this brief to allow me to explore different mark making techniques and visual styles within my work.

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2015/december/record-sleeves-of-the-year-our-top-10-from-2015/#.Vo7oOQo4ZDE.facebook
As a starting point I read this article on the 10 best album covers of the year.

Via this I discovered the designer Robert Beatty, his work mostly features on album covers.



His work is combination of digital work in almost Dali-inspired style. His work is incredibly surreal and takes you to another world. I find this style incredibly inspring and it's not something i've personally seen on many albums.



No comments:

Post a Comment