Wednesday 5 November 2014

Organ donation posters (OUGD403)

Id took from the article that for the development of the preservation solution to be effective they really needed more donors. So for this brief I wanted to create 3 posters encouraging people to become donors. I started out on this by looking at existing examples of organ donation campaign material and posters.



I firstly found out the colours associated with organ donation is green and often supporters and people on the donor list wear green bows to show this. I will try to consider this and use the colour green in my posters, possibly even this shade of green as its really bold great for creating impact.


This next image I found really funny, I think comedy would be a great way to approach something like this as it makes quite a heavy and serious topic feel lighter. The caption is a pun on the titanic soundtrack song my heart will go on. But in this case is means literally as theres a little heart transplant van at the bottom carrying the heart. I think its a really clever concept and could be executed in a better way than this.


I next found this brilliant logo design for the committee of organ donation Lebanon designed by ad agency DBB. The idea is that organ donation is an amazing and perfect gift. Its been created in a really simple way that gets the message across and I think its really clever i'd love to come up with a design just as good.


In this case its not the design I particularly like but the quote is amazing and so simple. Outlive yourself is such and encouraging way of looking at it, so many people dream about living forever in one way or another so promoting organ donation as a way of doing this is really clever.


This poster uses a vintage looking scientific drawing of a heart and uses the captions to create the saying, I really like this idea as i know how much people are into vintage looking design these days so I think people would find it really appealing. 


I created a pinterest board of images that were visually interesting and also facts and sayings I found inspiring for the project. I can add to this throughout. This research has been helpful in coming up with some initial ideas for my posters so I did a few really rough sketches so I woudnt forget these ideas.


This is my first page of sketches. One of my ideas came from the fact when you go onto the organ donation website it all seems pretty aggressive and pushy and I wondered if I could put that across in a comedic way, almost mocking it but still putting across a positive message. My idea is to use a condensed bold font and just put 'DONATE YOUR FUCKING ORGANS please', Iv included please but will make it smaller and less obvious than the rest. The other ideas on this sheet include an infographic poster, a video game style one and one based on the poster by Kate Moross I looked at and go for an illustration style. 


This is my second page of sketches it includes ideas about people with missing jigsaw pieces, recycling organs and a heart monitor graphic.














No comments:

Post a Comment