Friday 14 November 2014

Typeface posters - vector type OUGD403

The deliverables of the vector type brief included some a3 posters presenting our typefaces, we needed to print them in the digital print room with the inkjet printers.



I did three posters in total one with a sentence using every letter, one with the regular typeface and one of the bold. I also created two smaller designs showing how it could be used in context. I chose to do them white on black as it looked really high contrast and grabs you instantly. I printed them on matte card so they look high class and the type of thing you'd expect to see from a reliable and big font company. I thought the printed finals looked way more amazing than the digital versions.


This close up photo shows how cleanly all the lines printed which I was really happy with.


I also printed out my grid onto tracing paper so it could be placed over my letters. But I created it using grids on Illustrator so the print was a screen shot and very low quality so it doesn't look good. But in the production of my typeface I didn't really use my grid so it just shows the idea really.



No comments:

Post a Comment