Tuesday 17 May 2016

~ License to print money - Final print ~

Within the requirements of the brief we needed to use at least 2 colours/finishes to create the final outcome design. 




I felt the illustrative style of the banknotes meant simplicity in choosing 2 colours was enough to express the friendly and comical feeling I wanted to portray; rather than using finishes such as foiling which I felt would just distract from the overall concept.

I decided to screen print the final notes as it allows you to mix colour by eye, use brighter pigments than digital printing allows and create marble effects within the print.

I used a solid blue for the outline to keep the design concise and highly visible. For the background I used a marble flood screen printing technique where you mix together two colours of ink to create patterns within the print. This adds another dimension to the print and also makes each one completely individual from one and other. I used yellow and orange for a subtle and effective background colour that instantly grabs your attention; then on a closer look the marble tells the audience it is in fact screen printed rather than digitally printed; it gives people more appreciation of the hand crafted element relating to the fact the concept is personal to me and my opinions on the social hierarchy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment