Wednesday 18 May 2016

~ Money - evaluation ~

This brief is representative of a new mindset I am beginning to take in my design practice. I have used this brief and module as a whole to explore and express my visual voice to help make change. I produced a body of design work based upon a strong concept and personal view of the financial issues of the UK. This freedom to express my opinion in a way that could educate and influence others has really strengthened the work as a whole.

The communication of social and political issues through graphic design is something becoming more and more prominent within my work. I could of quite easily approached the brief from an aesthetic angle; but I felt it more appropriate and beneficial to develop something deeper and well informed by the brief directly. Thinking conceptually and broadly about the future of the economy in relation to design is something that goes beyond just choosing colour schemes and typefaces; it's expanding my knowledge and ability to stand out among the crowd with my design treatments. 

Looking back if I could make any improvements to the final outcome it would be in the final production. I used screen printing and marble methods to produce the final exhibition print. This looked bold and effective but wasn't very far out of my comfort zone. It has made me reflect in a positive way in that in future briefs I will aim to explore new and even bolder print finishes where appropriate. 

Alongside the production of physical and digital banknote designs I took it upon myself to expand the horizons and deliverables of the brief. I felt to fully incorporate the complex concept behind it a web design was needed as backup to spread information. It has helped increase my skills in creating collateral for projects and creating coherence between print based and digital media. 

I really enjoyed the brief as a whole as it gave me the freedom I needed to think conceptually. It had taught me a lot about how target audience and distribution effect and inform aesthetic and production elements of the design process. It's a much more effective way of producing relevant and well supported bodies of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment