Thursday 30 April 2015

Exhibition branding - final evaluation

This brief was a real learning curve for me as its one of the only collaborative projects we have done so far. Managing time during this brief was much harder than the others as everyones schedules were different and we often didn't have a full group. We managed to get work through it even if it meant our workloads doubling at points. I personally didn't like having to rely on other people and think if the communication within the group was better we would of had more success. 

Despite the small problem of time the brief taught me a lot about having confidence in my ideas. Me and Charlie were the only people actually in the studio when producing the initial ideas for the branding. I was worried not having the full group would affect us negatively but the two of us had some brilliant ones and managed to come up with a really solid plan including the name "perspective", the concept and the idea of using anamorphic type. Another area that helped build my confidence was when creating the GIF, I wanted to use my skills in this area to make our project individual and interactive. The group was initially unsure of how useful it would be for our pitch but I told them about how it could be used for promotion and convinced them to include it. Amazingly the feedback about the GIF after the pitch was really positive and it was even said it would be something that could be built on. I will in future push more of my ideas further despite other people maybe being unsure of them as I trust in my instincts of what will be appealing.

This brief was interesting as unlike others the outcomes ranged over all aspects (logo, gif, invites, social media etc). It was a great chance to try making each aspect correlate with each other which was quite new to me.

I think working in a group was really good for learning how to communicate better. But I think i'd prefer to choose who I worked with when collaborating in future as there was a few disagreements and confusions on style choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment