Sunday 4 October 2015

~ Final crit - design process - OUGD504 ~




I printed a prototype of my final design. It firstly showed how i'd put my main title in the wrong place so this is the first amendment that would need to be done. Other than that I was happy with it and confident about presenting it in the crit.


I liked the contrast between analogue and digital design, together with the acidic yellow it looked really bold and punchy.


Final crit
The final crit was really positive and gave me the idea my design process had been successful so far. One person said they enjoyed the fold as you could just sit and play with it for ages and it's so unusual it's not something you'd throw away like most leaflets.

Some other comments were...

- When considering your final stock you could use G.F. Smith and send them a sample of the work afterwards as a way of networking with them and making strong contacts/publicity.
- It's like a mini sculpture standing up on the table by itself. It makes it really interesting to look at and play with. It poses the idea you could create something from the same net but gigantic as part of an exhibition/promotion.
- The text is a little too close to the edge, could do with more white space around.
- Try it bigger? Printed on A2 rather than A3.
- Even if they read through the content once and never again they will still play with it and use just the folding method and overall bold aesthetic for inspiration.

I was really happy with this final crit as there's only a few details such as the borders around the type that need changing. The other things to consider are taking the brief further and sending it to clients. Maybe I could change it slightly to my personal design process to show potential clients how I work?  


I amended the body copy so the was a thicker margin between it and the patterns for better legibility and separation. I now need to decide on a stock to use, I will produce the leaflet both using A3 and A2 stock then assess which size is most appropriate. I will also consider sending this to clients like G.F. Smith when finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment