Wednesday 21 October 2015

~ logostarter - final deliverables ~


For one of my deliverables I decided to produce vinyl stickers. The smaller circle stickers to be used on paper bags in shops containing the products or to advertise them. This is an effective deliverable as you can apply it to any type of bag or even just hand them out to people as a promotional gift.





The second larger sticker is for window and wall advertising both in shops selling the product and the main office/vehicle of the company. To display your logo for the inside and outside world to see shows honor and pride in the brand and a key element of professionalism. I used the vinyl cutter to create the stickers for ease of production, this can also be done cheaply and easily in the commercial printing world so the client would be able to access similar services. I chose black vinyl for the prototypes because black looks bold and strong on most backgrounds so it seems most applicable but the benefit of using vinyl cutting rather than printed stickers allows you to change colours easily and even access special vinyl such as glow in the dark depending on the location of the sticker.




Another of my deliverables is to create brown paper bags with the green logo on the front. I wanted to use brown stock for these to outwardly show the environmental consideration element of the company to people who haven't necessarily bought the products before. I will produce these using the laser printer then seal them with the small circular stickers.





The next deliverable I chose to do as packaging is a key element of the branding when it comes to food products. The client sent me specific measurements for the packaging to fit his ready meals; but for cheap test printing I halved the size as I was just trying out the different print finishes available.

As I don't currently have the desired G.F.Smith paper i'd like to use I wanted a similar thick matte card to experiment with. I started just printing onto the matte stock but the colours looked slightly dampened and I considered trying it on gloss or silk stock. I was then informed when printing on a thick silk stock the edges crack leaving a messy uneven print on the block colored areas which doesnt as all look professional. To avoid this problem but still get the desired glossy look I was after I chose to laminate the matte stock which really brought the colours to life, it also makes the stock thicker and feels strong and high quality. This will show the customers what a high quality and worthwhile product it is and possible increase profit value.


I had initially been undecided on which label design to choose out of the 3 above as each had their benefits so I decided to ask people to crit them on which was most effective.


Overall people prefered the 1st one, I think this is due to the amount of colour on the design as a lot of food packaging tends to be quite bland so in comparison this design would really stand out; so this is the final design I have chosen.

I want the final design to be printed on Gmund Bier Weizen, 250gsm then laminated for the most effective and professional looking finish to the design.



No comments:

Post a Comment