Wednesday 7 October 2015

~ Logo design development - logo starter - OUGD504 ~

In the past when tackling logo design briefs i've had the tendency to overcomplicate things, but for this I am determined to keep things simple and effective at all sizes.




An effective way of creating an effective and simple iconic logo design is using negative space. The images above are brilliant examples of this.

Initial sketches


I experimented with the use of leaves as an iconic symbol of veganism and nature. I experimented with the shape of leaf and also with cutting out the type from one to create a negative space logo.


I sketched out some ideas that involved showing how this product is convenient and saves time compared to cooking from scratch. One idea was to make the leaves into clock arrows but I felt it possibly wasn't obvious enough that it's a food product.


I also tried some hand rendered type using a brush pen but I felt the effect on legibility was a negative thing for the design.


This idea was to use a leaf background and create a bowl shape using negative space and possibly integrating clock arrows to show the products benefits. 


Experimental logo type.


I also tried combining the letters Q and V into one logo.


This shows an experimental sketch creating the V out of the negative space between the leaves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment