Tuesday 27 October 2015

~ Responsive - main brief - secret 7 ~

For this module we need to complete a range of competition briefs one of them being a larger undertaking than the rest. I have decided to choose Secret 7 as my main brief for this module; my decision to do so is due to the fact it allows me to produce a large range of outcomes. I want this brief to give me the opportunity to explore a large range of styles and techniques of design for album artwork.

Brief breakdown - 

For this brief I need to design 7 cover art designs for 7 songs selected by the competition. Each final piece has to take form in the deliverable of either a physically printed/produced design using the submission packs they place in various record stores or digitally as a 7 inch by 7 inch 300dpi image. The songs I need to produce designs for are...

- Chvrches - Clearest Blue
- Etta James - At last
- Jack Garratt - Worry
- The Jam - Art school
- John Lennon - Imagine
- Max Richter - Dream 3 
- Tame Impala - The less I know the better

Creating work for all 7 songs will allow me to analyse how the difference in musical style and era directly affects the appropriation and style of design best for each individual song. I want each sleeve to execute different styles rather than them all being designed in conjunction and consideration of each other; this means the final outcome should be varied. I feel this gives the judges a chance to choose a particular style they have preference over giving me more of a chance of exhibiting and it lets me know what they think my strengths within this type of design are.

No comments:

Post a Comment