Friday 22 January 2016

~ Responsive - studio brief 2 - collaborative practice ~

In preparation to work collaboratively with other courses I created 3 slides displaying my work, my inspiration and the briefs I am interested in participating in.


http://j-harbord1417-sp.blogspot.co.uk ~ I began speaking to Jazz Harbord (Illustration) about collaboration on this brief as we both have a mutual interest in the 'Fortune favours the brave' brief with D&Ad. This brief is really open and gives us free reign to interpret it in any way we like, allowing us to explore new skills and make the most of each others.


Jazz's illustrative work is completely her own style,is really raw and original she brings a whole new element to the brief that I wouldn't be able to alone. Looking further into her blog I know she knows basic animation techniques, screen printing, digital software.

In comparison my work as a designer is much more neat and organised in a way that creates a flow of information. I think the contrast between Jazz's more expressive illustrative ways of thinking and my constructed balanced way of thinking will be a successful team. 

Initial thoughts-
- competition
- aimed at tutors?
- interactive video/projection


This is one example of design material using comedy and iconic drug prevention style design to promote creativity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment