Friday 1 January 2016

~ Secret 7 - Max Richter ~




These sketches included more complex pattern and even the incorporation of colour than my initial sketches. I particularly liked the idea of illustrating a simple blank room that represented the feeling of content cleanliness and a calm atmosphere. This idea was drawn with both colour and pattern but I felt stripping it back to its most simple form was most relevant to this song.

I thought back to my initial concept of using the track as anxiety relief and though the final design should be informed by my own experiences and feelings towards the composition.

I wanted to create something subtle and minimal that included the elements...

- Relief of tension - crying, letting go
- Being able to escape chaos 
- Simplicity and cleanliness
- & new life, experiences and chances



This is my visual interpretation of this, the room is really blank, simple and clean to me this is extremely satisfying and definitely anxiety relieving making it very relevant to the track. Within the room is a picture frame showing an eye crying, a hole in the floor with a ladder to escape and a small plant just beginning its life. 


My final outcome was made digital for submission. I felt the combination of digital and hand drawn was a good mixture as both drawing and the clean feel of digital work are representative of serenity (informed heavily by the piece of music).

For submission to the secret 7 I had to come up with a short description of the design and the concept behind it. "Theres a definite eloquent beauty that can only be found in simplicity."

No comments:

Post a Comment